Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Heartbrake

I guess sometimes when you dive into serving people, and your hearts are all intertwined with those whom you are serving, one day your heart will inevitably be broken. 

My precious girls have been working so hard to raise money for these orphans.  One attended an Orphan Care ministry meeting with me last Wednesday and spoke boldly of the needs of the kids on Reece's Rainbow, and particularly Jacob.  Many in attendance wrote down the website and said that they indeed had never heard of it before.  Last week, all the girls got up in front of the entire youth group, and shared how we felt God's leading to help these kids.  They were very open and touching when they shared how helping these kids is a window into God's heart and has changed their world view profoundly, while urging other groups to "adopt" a child of their own. 

We should have known.  I mean, we asked God for this very situation.  We asked God to lead us to someone in great need, someone who would otherwise be completely overlooked and cast aside.  That was our exact prayer, "someone in desperate need." That is the night we found Jacob.

Recently, I wanted to know his medical records in case someone was interested in adopting him, I would be better able to share about this little peanut boy with the dark brown eyes and his long, beautiful lashes.

The response I got was this:

"Jacob has already been transferred to the institution."

oh no. Jacob...

Our poor baby.  Our poor boy.  Unfortunately, we know all too well what life is like in these places.  It is not a place for humans, no place for children.  Especially Jacob, he is just so little, and all he needs is a mom and a dad to give him the childhood he deserves, baby him, even though he is four. Don't you just want to hold him when you see him?  Oh how he needs it...

I was very heart broken, and emailed the lady what the chances are the Jacob could even survive a place like that?  She told me that the quality of life for children in mental institutions is very low, but, in Bulgaria where he lives, the care is better than in Serbia and Russia.  The woman emailing me told me that she was in the process of adopting her son from a Bulgarian mental institution and he is seven years old.

So, in this heartbreak there is hope, at least we pray, somehow.  Hope that someone will find Jacob, the little lost lamb, and rescue him.  A little lost treasure, hidden in a dark place.

I will give you the treasures of darkness,
riches stored in secret places,
so that you may know that I am the LORD,
the God of Israel, who summons you by name.       Isaiah 45:3




Each passing day is a day lost for him.  My group is going to work really hard, but I was also wondering if you would be able to make a donation today.  I know we all have things we need to buy and do with it, I understand that really well.  But, I know that this little boy's life literally depends on donations towards his fund.  I honestly believe that if he has $10,000 in his fund, a family could have what they need to go rescue him.  Wouldn't it be amazing if 100 people each donated $100?

  If you would like to be a part of saving his life, please, please, PLEASE donate.

1. visit www.reecesrainbow.org
2.  click donate
3.  In the donation note, be sure to mention Jacob #840

If you don't have the money to spare, will you please pray for him.  Print out his picture, hang it on your fridge and as a family pray for him each day?

Thank you.

p.s.  I truly believe this little boy is so beautiful, he really is a lost treasure looking for his family.

4 comments:

Patty said...

I'm paying for that sweet little peanut... and you and your girls. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Amy ~ thankyou for choosing Jacob to lobby for! he is so blessed to have you and your girls praying & supporting him. Please know we are praying & I will be posting a link to your blog on our Affording International Adoptions group on FB (500 members & several emailed about Anna last time). We are trying to raise funds for our adoption right now....I wish we could contribute, but please know our prayers are with Jacob & we will get the word out!! Kate

Kelly said...

Oh, this makes me SO SAD. I went on RR and looked at all the pictures of the little girls and it brought tears to my eyes. I will pray for Jacob.

Kelly said...

That was me, Kelly.