Wednesday, January 20, 2010

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can barely believe this story I'm about to tell you.  Each time I tell it, I still can't quite believe it.

 So, tonight I brought to bible study a picture of little Sasha, the little orphan with no family.  My girls fell in love with him,  and raised $22 that night for him, while brainstorming many ways to raise money (the girls in my group are super cute).  We decided to do a walk-a-thon, garage sale and collect coins from everyone we know.  I told them my heart was kind of broken while picking Sasha, because there are so many children on the site that need homes.  I told them there was a particular girl named Anna who stole my heart, and is in an orphanage which is described as:

"Regrettably, this orphanage is one of the poorer ones, with very little outside aid and very little hope.    All of the children are tiny and undernourished.  These children are immediately transferred at 4, and have little chance of survival where they are sent.  All of our waiting children need families, but these have a critical need.  Please consider  adopting her soon!"

We decided that once Sasha got adopted, we could fundraise for little, really little, Anna.  We ended the night each praying:

"God, please be with baby Sasha right now, alone in his crib, give him extra comfort tonight Lord, and bring him his own mommy and daddy to love him, amen." -we each prayed, as we also prayed for each other.

I promised the girls as I left that I would email them the link for a picture of Sasha to show their parents. When I got home, I logged onto www.reecesrainbow.org, clicked onto children 0-2, and scrolled down for Sasha, but where was he!?  I can't find him.  I became panicky!  I saw all the other 30 babies, but no Sasha.  Then, I read that Sasha was adopted this very night, during the two hours of small group.......are you kidding!?  SASHA WAS ADOPTED TONIGHT!?  I mean seriously...so I got down on my knees and praised our father in heaven.


Please don't think of this as a coincidence.  Out of 147 million orphans in the world, do you know how hard it is for a child with Down Syndrome to get adopted?  These kids aren't flying off this adoption site.  Isn't this next verse so true.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen"   EPHESIANS 3:20

I kind of love that these high school girls are working together to help orphans.  That is so God.  Many people would imagine that they don't have alot to offer orphans being that they don't have jobs, money, very much extra time and are you so young.  All they have is a love for God and His holy spirit guiding them, but isn't that more than enough!  That is so God to use people who wouldn't seem effective in huge ways.  God is so God and wants to use us, any of us for His purposes.


I would like to present you with Anna.  This sweet precious, daughter of God is the next little girl to find a forever family.  All our money and effort will go to her. 

PLEASE!!!
-PRAY FOR HER to find a loving mama and papa, a family all her one. The one she deserves.
-PLEASE DONATE!  Seriously, that is what makes a differences for many families being able to adopt or not.  So far, we still just have our $22!  Let's make it grow and get her out of that nasty place!

2 comments:

Patty said...

How GREAT is our God! Praising Him through my tears... Love you, dear Amy!

BeholdingBeautiful said...

Oh my goodness...goosebumps all over! Our God is so GREAT and definitely deserves all the praise and glory for this one! =)