Sunday, March 22, 2009

Where I should be

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit,
but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also the interests of others.

Your attitude should be the same as that of Jesus:

Who, being the very nature of God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
And being found in appearance of a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death--
even on a cross."

Philippians 2:3-8


My life object should not be my own comfort and happiness. My life objective needs to be God's objective. His objective is people. Loving them, serving them. He gave up everything--and that's a lot when you're God. My sacrifices come nowhere near His, He gave up everything to serve people, me, you. Why do I often make it my life's goal to be comfortable and happy, when that is not the example that Jesus gives us.

Jesus words are, "come and follow me," not get what you need and like. "Follow me."

Lord, help me to see sacrifice as my goal, and not furthering myself.

"my purpose remains
the art of losing myself
in bringing you praise.
Let justice and praise
become my embrace
consume me from the inside out, Lord"

No comments: